The ACTCOSS Committee is our board of governance. It provides financial and legal oversight and the strategic direction for the organisation. Its members are elected from ACTCOSS members for a 2 year term at the AGM in November each year.
- President: Camilla Rowland, Marymead Child and Family Centre
- Vice-President: Martin Fisk, Menslink
- Treasurer: Lee-Ann Akauola, Relationships Australia Canberra and Region
- Secretary: Glenda Stevens, Associate Member
Ordinary Committee Members
- Roger Munson, ACT Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service (ADACAS)
- Peter Dwyer, Religious Society of Friends Canberra
- Alicia Flack-Konè, ACT Down Syndrome Association
- Beth Slatyer, Associate Member
- Dalane Drexler, ACT Mental Health Consumer Network
- Lynnice Church, Australia Red Cross ACT
- Karen McKernan, Mental Health Foundation ACT
- Petrea Messent, Dementia Australia ACT
ACTCOSS Representative to ACOSS: Jeremy Halcrow, Anglicare NSW South/NSW West/ACT
Contact the Committee
You may like to contact Committee members with your thoughts about ACTCOSS, its direction and performance.
Please contact us and we will put you in touch.
Becoming a Committee Member
Each year a number of Committee positions become available. The existing Committee looks at the current skill sets and lived experience in our Committee, and identifies where there may be gaps. ACTCOSS then calls for nominations from our membership, encouraging candidates with skill sets and experience which would help round out the Committee.
To nominate for the ACTCOSS Committee you must:
- Be a member of ACTCOSS – either an Associate Member or an appointed Delegate of a Community Organisation Member (Affiliate Members are not eligible)
- Have paid your membership fees
- Complete and return your nomination form by the closing date
If we receive more nominations than there are positions available, the members present at our AGM vote. The nominees with the most votes are elected to the Committee for a 2 year term (or 1 year for casual vacancies that have arisen).
Keep an eye out for the call for nominations prior to the November AGM.
You can find out more about our Committee responsibilities and the election rules in the ACTCOSS Constitution and Annexures (see Governing Documents).