Bookings Officer – Mental Illness ACT
17 November 2023
Organisation: Mental Illness ACT
Position Title: Bookings Officer
Remuneration: SCHADS Level 4.1-4.3 ($82,045-$86,349)
Employment Type: Part-time (25 hours per week)
Other Benefits: NFP Salary Packaging ($15,900 of your wage will be tax free)
Additional meals and entertainment salary packaging
MIEACT is an innovative and well-respected community mental health educator that works to promote understanding and awareness of mental health through its powerful programs provided to schools, workplaces and community groups throughout the ACT.
About This Role
Leveraging their proven bookings and sales experience, the MIEACT Booking Officer is responsible for handling program bookings enquiries from new and existing clients, following up bookings leads, scheduling bookings and rescheduling program bookings as needed. To do this effectively, the Booking Officer has a well-developed sense of MIEACT’s programs and key clients groups including schools, community groups and government agencies, NFP and corporate workplaces.
A further part of this role is to identify and generate new market opportunities for MIEACT and to investigate target customer expectations to focus sales activities. Importantly, the Bookings Officer also obtains feedback on program and session quality and works with internal teams to ensure high quality standards in all areas of MIEACT bookings and program delivery. This is a one year fixed-term position but may be extended subject to funding.
You are a problem solver and a team player who shows initiative and utilizes a range of communication strategies and respectful interactions to work effectively with clients and colleagues.
Your capabilities include:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Sound time management and an ability to prioritize and meet competing demands
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- An optimistic ‘can do’ approach to work
- Having a positive and proactive approach to working collaboratively
Your technical skills include:
- Post-secondary qualifications in Business Administration, Business Development, Sales and/or relevant qualifications and work experience
- Customer facing experience and ability to build strong relationships
- Experience in selling principles and sales targeting
- Knowledge of booking planning, prospecting, and achievement of bookings goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office program. Previous experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce (desirable).
Note: this position requires the successful applicant to be eligible for and to maintain an ACT Working With Vulnerable People Card.
Applications close Thursday 7 December 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application via email to Blanca Reyes, [email protected] including a copy of your resume and a cover letter that describes your interest and suitability for the role (max 1 page).
To learn more about the role and/or to obtain a full position description please contact Blanca Reyes, [email protected]
To apply, click more information .More information