By joining ACTCOSS, you add your voice to hundreds of organisations and individuals committed to making a fair and equitable community that respects and values diversity, human rights and sustainability, and promotes justice, equity, reconciliation and social inclusion for all people in the ACT.
ACTCOSS members come from the community services sector, advocacy and self-help groups, as well as individuals and organisations that are committed to the objects of ACTCOSS and the social change agenda for which we advocate.
ACTCOSS membership gives community organisation and associate members a voice in public debate and opportunities to influence decisions about policies that affect individuals, communities of interest and organisations.
Download the About ACTCOSS Membership Flyer PDF for an overview of ACTCOSS and membership benefits which you can print out or email around. Alternatively, you can find out about ACTCOSS here and continue reading below for member benefits.
There are three member categories:
- Community Organisation Members: Over 100 ACT not-for-profit community organisations are members of ACTCOSS. They range from large regional community services to small consumer-run support groups.
- Associate Members: These are individuals interested in and committed to the goals and activities of ACTCOSS.
- Affiliate Members: For-profit service providers, corporations, statutory bodies and government agencies are also welcome to support ACTCOSS through Affiliate Membership. Affiliate Members can contribute their views and support our work, but do not have a role in governing ACTCOSS or determining our policy positions.
For an annual fee, members enjoy the following benefits:
- Discounts on ACTCOSS services and events such as:
- Invitation to the ACTCOSS Members Policy Forum which occurs every 2 months
- Opportunities for involvement in policy development and advocacy through member forums and consultations (Associate and Community Organisation Members only)
- Opportunities for involvement in the governance of ACTCOSS through the Committee and representation at General Meetings (Associate and Community Organisation Members only)
- A subscription to the quarterly journal Update – keeping you informed of ACT social justice issues
- Media releases and other communications delivered to your inbox
- Free hard copies of major ACTCOSS publications posted to you on request
Special benefits for Community Organisation Members include:
- 3 hours per year of free face-to-face consultancy services, such as tailored training
- Reduced insurance premiums from Arthur J. Gallagher
- A discount for community organisations for subscriptions to Jobs Australia's Community Sector Industrial Relations Service
- Equipment hire such as laptop, light projector, projector screen, and portable hearing loop
Interested? Apply for ACTCOSS membership.
Fees & Applying
If you're interested in joining, you can find out about membership fees and how to apply for ACTCOSS membership here.