Facilitated by Grant Sarra, Grant Sarra Consultancy Services
Grant Sarra, from Grant Sarra Consultancy Services will present this interactive program. Grant is a Bunda man with a 36-year background and experience working in areas that deal exclusively with Indigenous community problems, issues and aspirations relevant to public and private sector projects across Australia. He is a prolific trainer and speaker on Indigenous issues with proven track record for driving cultural change that builds organisational effectiveness, efficiency and capacity to deliver culturally appropriate change.
The program provides participants with an opportunity to walk briefly in the shoes of Aboriginal Australians. It provides a generic overview of Aboriginal culture and history and aims to develop a greater appreciation understanding of modern-day cross cultural problems, issues and challenges that impact upon individuals working in organisations/companies across Australia.
At the completion of the program participants will have developed a greater appreciation and understanding of:
- Aboriginal history, beliefs, culture, society, law, customs, values and practices and obligations associated with the land, people and environment
- Problems, issues, challenges and aspirations of Aboriginal Australians
- The importance and value of human diversity in modern Australian workplaces and society in general
- Cultural and structural barriers that inhibit effective communication, relationships and engagement at local project levels and within a human resource management context
- Culturally respectful methods that enhance effective communication, relationships within organisations and engagement at local project levels and within a human resource management context
- How to maximise performance and productivity (in a domestic and global context) through effective engagement with Aboriginal people
- Negative personal and business impact and cost of racism, discrimination and prejudicial and stereotypical attitudes and behaviors in the workplace.
Participants will be provided with the program Power Point for internal distribution.
No prerequisites needed.
NB: Participants must attend the full day.