Accessible and affordable housing provides the necessary foundation from which people can actively meet their social, physical and emotional needs.
ACTCOSS has three keys asks in relation to housing and homelessness:
- That government continue to provide funding for accommodation and support services to enable them to meet demand
- That government address housing supply and increase accessible and affordable housing in the ACT
- Develop whole-of-government responsibility for homelessness which includes reporting requirements and minimum funding requirements for each ACT Directorate.
Contact for housing and homelessness policy:
- Homelessness: Geoff Buchanan, Policy Analyst and Research Manager or Eliza Moloney, Policy Officer
- Housing: Craig Wallace, Advocacy Manager
- For media comment, please contact Susan Helyar, Director