Quarterly Journal - 'Update'
ACTCOSS produces a quarterly journal, Update. Each journal gives members the opportunity to discuss and promote a specific topic each season. We email the journal to ACTCOSS members, government stakeholders and ACT politicians.
Journals are available for download below. We can also print and post journals to members on request.
Advertising: ACTCOSS offers paid advertising space in the journal for community service related items. Find out more about our journal advertising rates and specifications.
Note: We are in the process of uploading back issues of the journal. If there's a specific issue you're after, please contact us.
'People-led outcomes' is the theme for Issue 83, the Autumn 2018 edition of Update. Members are welcome to contribute articles on the theme.
We are keen to publish articles from diverse perspectives on how we can make Canberra a more liveable place for everyone. Community sector workers, managers, service users, and individual members of the community are all encouraged to share their views.
Some ideas for articles include:
- Who should funders listen to when setting and measuring outcomes from funding programs?
- Are the right people defining the outcomes funders expect from their contributions to service delivery, policy development and sector development?
- How should the outcomes of volunteer and other community-led investment in service delivery be collected and reported?
- If meaningful outcomes were collected and reported, what would be different in service delivery, policy development and sector development?
- Is a community development approach vital to achieve people-led outcomes?
- What key practices support identifying, achieving and measuring people-led outcomes?
- How is equality, diversity and justice embraced in the development of people-led outcomes?
Copy deadline: 26 February 2018
Word count: 200-1000 words
Images & logos welcome: They need to be high quality (>200dpi), JPEG, EPS, PDF or PSD format.
Space is limited! To guarantee your spot, let us know as soon as possible. Email [email protected] or phone 02 6202 7200 with an idea of your topic and estimated wordcount.
Issue 83 will be distributed in March/April 2018.