Canberra & District Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander Community Sector Worker of the Year
10 May 2021
Since 2006, the ACT Council of Social Service (ACTCOSS) has coordinated the Canberra & District Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community Sector Worker of the Year Award (please access the Nomination Form (docx)).
This award recognises Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander volunteers and workers at the forefront of the community sector’s vital work. The award will be presented to the recipient at the ACT NAIDOC Ball, held in the National Arboretum on Saturday 3 July 2021.
- Nominees must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Nominees must volunteer or be employed in the ACT & region, in the community sector or within a non-government agency that works with the local community.
Please include as much information and detail to demonstrate:
- How the nominee is providing links between their organisation(s) and their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.
- How they have supported Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities through their work.
- Any achievements such as further education, training, and leadership. (optional)
- Any information on maintaining connections with their community and culture. (optional)
If you require further information, please call ACTCOSS on 02 6202 7200.
2021 NAIDOC Week 4-11 July
The NAIDOC 2021 theme – Heal Country! – calls for all of us to continue to seek greater protections for our lands, our waters, our sacred sites and our cultural heritage from exploitation, desecration, and destruction.
NAIDOC 2021 invites the nation to embrace First Nations’ cultural knowledge and understanding of Country as part of Australia’s national heritage and equally respect the culture and values of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders as they do the cultures and values of all Australians.
For more information visit the NAIDOC website: www.naidoc.org.au