1 September 2020
ACTCOSS 2020 ACT Election issue brief: Planning and Infrastructure to Build Community
For a just and fair Canberra, the next ACT Government must:
- Carry out an audit and stocktake of community needs in planning and transport including community facilities
- Demonstrate a renewed focus on social planning and engagement with marginalised groups
- Develop a policy framework and investment model for the long-term provision of community facilities across the city leading to proper funding for community facilities and community development
- Requirements for developers to build community infrastructure into new developments
- Provide appropriate incentives and place greater responsibilities on developers to create community facilities and make developed spaces more liveable
- Guarantee on-demand transport (like community transport) as well as mass transit (like trams and buses)
- Develop a cost benefit business case to make travel on public transport free
- Fund the Community Development Network for the ACT and Region (CDNet).
Read the full issue brief below for more details, or read other issue briefs on our ACT Election page.