ACTCOSS AGM 2023 – Call for Board nominations
11 September 2023
The ACT Council of Social Service Inc. (ACTCOSS) is inviting delegates from Member Organisations and Associate Members to nominate for Board positions that will be open for election at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday 21 November.
There are four (4) positions able to be elected for 3-year terms, including:
- Board Chair; and
- Three (3) Ordinary Directors.
The current Board of ACTCOSS have undertaken a review of the Board skills and diversity and would like to encourage applications from ACTCOSS members who represent one or more of the following:
- Associate members or small member organisations;
- People with lived experience in the areas which ACTCOSS advocates;
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people;
- People from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- People under the age of 40 or over 55; or
- People working in the areas of housing, mental health, financial counselling, legal or early childhood.
To nominate for the Board the candidate is required to be an ACTCOSS member (Associate or Organisation Delegate). Nominations are also required to be supported by an ACTCOSS member, with a statement of support required on the Nomination form. If you are eligible, and would like to nominate for the ACTCOSS Board, please complete the attached Board Nomination Form.
Further details are provided in the attached Call for Nominations letter. Please review this letter before completing your nomination form.
All nominations must be made via the Board nomination form and must be received by the ACTCOSS office by 5pm, Monday 6 November 2023.